Veeam Backup for Microsoft office 365
Microsoft Office 365 allows your business to work anywhere, anytime without the requirements or management costs of overseeing your own infrastructure.
It’s now a business staple for many organisations, but a surprising number of these businesses using Microsoft Office 365 are leaving data at risk.
Even though Microsoft manages and hosts the platform, it’s still your responsibility to backup and protect your Microsoft Office 365 data. Although the solution currently provides the very limited data protection options of a recycle bin and a mailbox preserver, it is simply not enough.
This is why we’ve collaborated with Veeam to offer a unique solution, putting Microsoft Office 365 backup and recovery at your fingertips.
With virtualDCS, the solution comes with a customisable portal, enabling end users to manage and restore their 365 backups independently, at will.
- Retrieve Office 365 Exchange Online mailbox items from a cloud-based instance, including email, calendar and contacts, where you can back up the data uniquely every week, every day or even every five minutes.
- Store the backups offsite in one of our secure ISO 27001 compliant data centres.
- Backup Exchange on-premise with the same API as your Microsoft Office 365 solution.
- Using the built-in Veeam Explorer, you can access quick search and granular recovery of individual mailbox items.
- Direct restoration of mailbox items as a file, exported PST or email attachment.
For ease of use, the SaaS based solution can be accessed online, from any device with an active Internet connection. Through a custom URL, users are directed to a sign up screen, where they can register and grant portal permissions.
An admin portal will then display options for creating, scheduling, editing and running backup jobs for Exchange, OneDrive and SharePoint
content.Once configured, backup jobs will automatically run at the configured points, with the ability to restore information from a single file, to an entire mail box.
The administrator can also exclude specific mailboxes within their backup jobs and restore data by date which can then be mailed to a user or
downloaded as a .zip file. Users can only view selected information, allowed by the administrator within the portal.
Repositories can also be managed in addition to backups, with clear information on retention periods, policies and restore history.