If you replicate just your data and not your whole server, when it comes to recovery you will often have to do the following:
• A Bare metal recovery of from your last backup
• A complete rebuild of the application server
• Find you original CD’s and license keys
• Apply all the latest hotfixes and patches
• Hope the configuration management is accurate so you know what patches to apply
If you replicate your whole server none of these things will matter, when you recover your server it will be as it was just before it failed. The use of a snapshot can provide still further protection.
If you want to guarantee your RTO is low, this is the way to go.
Please contact us if you would like more information on our Disaster Recovery solutions.